What's this all about?

I love to cook!
And I have a lot of friends who also love to cook!
This is just a little website dedicated to that!
I love to swap recipes with anyone! Hope you enjoy!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball or Dip

With the holidays just around the coroner, I though it was a great time to start sharing ideas for parties. So many of us have parties to attend and most of the time I like to take an appetizer or two so I am going to be posting many holiday "extras" recipes!

This recipe was taken from Kelly Stamps at Kelly's Korner. She posted it on her blog, I tried it, and it is too good to not share!

What you need:
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans

What you do:
In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Mix in confectioners' sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Shape chilled cream cheese mixture into a ball. Wrap with plastic, and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Roll the cheese ball in finely chopped pecans before serving. But it can be hard to form a ball so I skipped the nuts and just put the mixture in a bowl. (I think it's better that way!)

No comments:

Post a Comment